The 3rd volume of the digital series “Studi AISV” will be entitled Social and biological factors in speech variation – Fattori sociali e fattori biologici nella variazione fonetica and will be freely accessible on the AISV website. The volume will be assigned an ISBN and each paper will be provided with a dedicated DOI number.
For more information on the general policy of the series, please visit http://www.aisv.it/it/studi-aisv.html
Below is some information concerning our 2017 volume.
- The deadline for submission of the full papers is April 2nd, 2017. The papers should be sent in doc/docx and pdf format to email@example.com
- The papers can be written in English or in Italian. Please refer to the Guidelines for the formatting and typographical criteria.
- A scientific committee will be appointed for the reviewing of the submitted papers. The details on the committee and the evaluation criteria will be notified in a future email. A single-blind peer reviewing procedure is the norm for this book series (i.e., anonymity for reviewers only).
- The reviewers will provide their comments together with an overall evaluation (suitable/unsuitable for publication) by June 30th. The authors of the accepted papers will have time until September 30th to provide the editorial committee with a revised version of the papers, together with a document explaining how they dealt with the reviewers’ comments. The publication of the volume is planned to occur by the end of 2017.
- Should the unique or first author of a paper be a student (pre-doctoral, doctoral or post-doctoral) or a researcher with a non-permanent position, she/he will have the possibility of applying for the Franco Ferrero 2018 Award (http://www.aisv.it/it/premio-franco-ferrero.html) when first submitting the paper. In such a case, the application must be accompanied by a support letter from the tutor, specifying the role of the candidate in the submitted contribution (especially for co-authored publications) and highlighting the scientific record and the possible collaborations in which the candidate is involved.